Thursday 24 January 2008

Personal Evaluation

Personal Evaluation


My personal aims were to produce an opening sequence which expresses my creativity, develop my editing skills, and provide enough plot development for the audience to build generic expectations upon, without revealing too much of the plot. I think we managed this successfully by using Propp’s character role of a false heroine, and executing unique camera work and editing. For example we didn’t have a track or a crane, and so we used available resources to the best of our ability.
With regards to editing, I also expanded my capability on Abode After Effects which I feel makes me a more valuable team member in the future. I learnt how to animate credits on Adobe After Effects, other methods of colour correcting (tri colour), and my overall knowledge of how to use Adobe Premiere Pro has improved.
I feel that I was a valuable team member as my creativity was brought to the forefront during the planning and a pre-production process (such as test shoots). Also, I feel my leadership skills helped us to meet all group deadlines. Although there was much constructive criticism within the group, I felt our indecisiveness hindered the quality and pace of our production.
I also feel I have learnt to put more trust in my group. In previous projects completed for GCSE I feel I was more in command and had to complete a large proportion of group work on my own. In this project however my great team members allowed me to relax as I knew they would all complete their work by deadlines we had set and I hope this feeling is reciprocated through the group.

No comments: